Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 39k seats became very uncomfortable, foam is all caved in.
Is this a common pronlem, thinking of installing seats from other car, did anyone tried that.

if you have fitted different seat, please let me know what car was it from

Please advise

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
FWIW, I haven't experienced any notable degradation of the seats in my 08 (heated leather) with about 65k or either of my 09s (one heated leather and one cloth) with roughly 55k each. I'm a big guy, and my cars are split between Florida and it's inherent heat, and Michigan with the brutal cold winters.
My Michigan 09 developed a small indent from my wallet, but that's about it.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I'm also "big boned and fluffy" and my 09 with 0ver 100K has NO seat problems.

My smart is one of the most comfortable seats I've had in any vehicle........it was a pleasure on my last long trip of over 4500 miles, heated seats (for my arthritic back) and A/C blasting !! :p

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I'm really a small boned individual. The smart cars seats are comfortable for short trips around town. Never had a issues of the seat deforming, after 8 years of ownership. I've driven it many long distance drive. 3 hours is about all I can handle in the car. It seat cushion, are flat bottom. No real lumbar support. Or adjustment for it. The smart is a city car.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Have you checked to see what a new seat bottom would cost from MB...?
Also check at a Junkyard for a replacement, they charge 1/2 of a new cost for one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts