Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and I driver for Uber eats part time and love it. The other day were were so lazy it was hard to stay awake so we parked under some big shade trees till our next "call". I let my seat back go back and now I cannot get the back to come up.......what do I need to do.....never had this before.

thank you for your input

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,854 Posts
Did you possibly push back really hard on the seat back? There is a seat stop that prevents the seat from going all the way back. Some people have intentionally forced the seat to bend the seat stop so they can fully recline the seat. If not, I am not sure what has happened to your seat.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
When the seat goes all the way back, it rubs against the side of the car. You might have to use the release lever, hold it and pull the seatback upright past where it comes in contact with the side of the car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my wife and I both looked under my seat, stuck our fingers in the track and every nook and crevice and found nothing. we ran our hands around and verified nothing was impeding the seat back from moving. Then we dropped the tailgate and i got in with my back against the seat back and my feet against the house then I pushed while she held the seat back lever up and pulled with the other hand........NOTHING. I did not push with all my strength for fear of breaking or bending seat frame rails or brackets

when I reclined the seat I let the lever up as soon as the seat back stopped moving(to get it past the seat stop I would have had to push hard to go past that point). I didn't push nor am I that heavy. Do I need to take the seat out and disassemble it?

I'm not that tall, only 5'6 and with the back where it is I look like I'm driving a micro low rider (minus the suspension).

thank you for you help

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
seat rails and seat frame are designed to handle a collision, doubt you can push that hard. Maybe a coin got lodged in the mechanism and is keeping it from releasing. I have seen them get stuck in the rails on the floor and keep the seat from moving forward and back.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
The lever towards the back of the seat,on the center side releases the backrest so it will go backwards and forwards Reclining the back of the seat. The one at the front of the seat moves the whole seat forward and back on rails attached to the floor. This moves the seat closer to the steering wheel. Manual seats do not have a raise/lower feature

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
my wife and I driver for Uber eats part time and love it. The other day were were so lazy it was hard to stay awake so we parked under some big shade trees till our next "call". I let my seat back go back and now I cannot get the back to come up.......what do I need to do.....never had this before.

thank you for your input
Terry,
I'm sorry I interrupted your lunch, but I'm glad I was able to help you get your seat back to normal.
Sometimes talking a person though the steps works better than a thousand written words. As you know I can be very precise in explaining the process. Most of the time I'm right at my car doing the same thing I'm explaining to you, so it's kind of hard for me to miss a step.
Good talking to you.
Take Care
JL
:smartje.bl.zl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts