Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 453 Pure I recently purchased doesn't have driver seat height adjustment whereas the higher-level trims do.
I test drove a Passion model with height-adjustable seats and felt that I had more headroom with the seat fully down than I do now in my Pure. Does anyone know of a way to lower the driver seat further while retaining the seat rails?

Finding a height-adjustable 453 driver's seat in mint black condition from a Passion+ trim is proving to be difficult. I'm also interested if anyone has successfully swapped in aftermarket seats, and if so, I would love to see pictures.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
28,407 Posts
Just my .02 - keep looking for the factory smart seat you want. It's unlikely an aftermarket seat will be compatible with your smart's seatbelt and airbag system. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts

I have a stock driver seat for sale but you would need to swap the harness for the airbag and a buckle since I swapped those into my new Bride bucket seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like your factory seats are leather whereas mine is the standard cloth.

Wow, never thought I'd see a Bride seat in a 453, awesome! Did you get lucky with the floor mounting hole width being the same or did you have to make/buy an adapter?

My 453 is all red/black on the outside and completely black on the inside so I'm contemplating a red & black pair of seats, e.g., this Braum pair (see attached). My biggest concerns are:
A) Finding the correct mounting adapters as I still wish to retain the rails rather than side mounting it directly to the floor. No sales site seems to sell any Smart-specific adapters so it's a bit a gamble. Maybe the universal ones they do sell will work.
B) Making sure the aftermarket seats aren't too wide as space seems to be a bit tight even with the factory seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
mine is side mounted then straight to the floor per choice you can also get sliders either way the actual seat mounts are very easy to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts