Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 that I drive almost exclusively. I'm 6'2" and leave the driver's seat travel adjusted one click forward of all the way back. My wife has needed to drive it a couple times lately and, being 5'2", she needs to bring the seat forward a fair amount.

The problem is the seat only wants to go forward a few inches, not really enough for her to comfortably operate the pedals. We both are sure we remember there being enough travel for her to drive it without a pillow behind her back.

I've looked underneath the seat and cannot work out what's preventing it from running farther forward. There seems to be plenty of travel left in the rails, but it just hits a stop that I cannot see. Either our memories are faulty (always a possibility!) or something changed or got out of alignment.

How much fore/aft travel does the driver's seat have?

Thanks,
Peter

·
17,350 Posts
Try lubricating the track and wheels?

The seats in my 2012 have a LOT of resistance when you try to move them forward and back. You have to put a bit of weight into it to move them. Been that way from delivery and it really doesn't bother me, so I'm leaving it that way. :)

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
My '08 slides up far enough so that my 5'2" wife can comfortably drive it. (I'm out of town at the moment so I can't give you an actual measurement.)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked and looked at the seat rail and didn't see anything. In the end I got so frustrated, I sat down, lifted the adjustment handle, and pushed back and forth with all my might. It worked! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts