Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some knucklehead decided my car was just too cute to resist climbing over and he managed to break off my driver's side mirror.

The dealer wants $150 for the mirror and $100 to install. A little much considering all that is broken is the little plastic piece that connects the door and the mirror and it only took me 10 minutes to remove properly and I was just guessing.

Wondering if anyone has an old one they replaced for some reason or that part specifically.

If anyone happens to need any mirror parts (like if the actual glass or control wires are broken) then I'd certainly trade/sell too.

Any thoughts on an alternate part supplier than the dealer?

·
Registered
157 Posts
you may try calling other dealers for a quote. there is some variation in the prices dealers charge for parts, so you may find it cheaper from a different dealer even when factoring in shipping.

as far as that $100 labor, tell them you'll do it yourself! you've already taken the mirror off--putting one back on is not that much more difficult, especially if you take a look at one of the several online guides (e.g. evilution.co.uk).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts