Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found which fuse to pull to disable ESP and in tried a couple donuts in my driveway. Wife wasn't particularly pleased, but I just can't help myself in the snow! I'd always thought I could pull off donuts in my driveway, turned out just perfectly!

If you're entertained for a few seconds, do my a favor and click the ad to get me a couple $$ to support my car addiction! :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ohh man, I hate to say it...but the placing the camera and running off to the smart was like a kid in a candy store. Cute (I hate that word, but it seems most fitting here.)

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
You don't want to pull the fuse and drive down the road like that. If you do encounter a slippery spot, the short wheelbase will make the car spin out faster than you can react. Also I believe you lose the anti-lock brakes too. But it is fun on an open parking lot!! You can disable the traction control without pulling the fuse, but it takes 2 people (unless you make a device to reach the buttons)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Drove my cdi back and forth to work for a week without any ESP/TC/ABS in the winter, hurray for snow trires. Didn't travel any faster than about 50 mph, car worked just fine.

I can reach and hit both buttons with my left hand, had some fun driving around town last night. Also had to disable ESP/TC/ABS this morning to get out of the parking lot.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
It more fun doing donuts in the middle of a intersection, as the traffic light turns yellow. On coming cars heading your direction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now how do I disable it on my 2013 passion?
Sounds like a good thing to know .
CountryCal, press in and hold both of the triangular buttons on the side of the speedometer for about 10 seconds with the car completely off. Then, turn the key to the on position, continuing to hold the buttons in, and wait for the traction control light to start flashing. When that happens, you can turn the car all the way on and it will be disabled.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohh man, I hate to say it...but the placing the camera and running off to the smart was like a kid in a candy store. Cute (I hate that word, but it seems most fitting here.)
haha yes, I didn't bother editing me out. And yes, I might have been smiling just a little. I was quite entertained.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't want to pull the fuse and drive down the road like that. If you do encounter a slippery spot, the short wheelbase will make the car spin out faster than you can react. Also I believe you lose the anti-lock brakes too. But it is fun on an open parking lot!! You can disable the traction control without pulling the fuse, but it takes 2 people (unless you make a device to reach the buttons)
Yep, I'm aware of how rapidly the car rotates. Given my wife drives the car most of the time, the fuse was only pulled to screw around in the snow. I've got a good amount of track driving under my belt, but she definitely does not and would almost definitely lose control very quickly. But slow speeds in the snow it's a blast :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
CountryCal, press in and hold both of the triangular buttons on the side of the speedometer for about 10 seconds with the car completely off. Then, turn the key to the on position, continuing to hold the buttons in, and wait for the traction control light to start flashing. When that happens, you can turn the car all the way on and it will be disabled.:D
Might say this , Smart information to have.
You just never know.
Thanx for the tec tips.:wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts