Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have any info they can give me on how the fortwo handles in winter driving conditions? We live in the center of Washington State, on the eastern flanks of the Cascade Range, about 1200 feet elevation. We have snow and ice here from about the middle of November til the end of February. We are very interested in the Smartcar (we've put in our $99 deposit), but haven't been able to find anything about how this little car handles in snow and ice. I'm wondering about the clearance, also.
Thanks,
Terry

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
The Smart fortwo has been on sale in Canada for years, so I think that go along way showing the car can handle winter weather. Most do put on snow tires, and as you suspect the clearance is a little limited however, so don't expect to be able to plow through unplowed roads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The early honda civics (1200s/1300s)had some issues with snow and high winds here in western new york. Bad side was they were light and prone to being blown around by winds off lake erie on icy roads. Good side, they were easy to push out when stuck.
We had the origional (73)civic and I have to say, I was extreemly impressed with the vehicles fit and finish. We put 140,000 miles on ours over 5 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts