Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out just came back from the dyno and the blue color is a stock smart and then theres mine in red

all i did to my was i have been using acetone and we took the whole exhaust system out and ground all the holes to flow beter and we did the intake pipe trick but pluging up the "lungs" as i like to call them and so it leaves a straight flow for the intake. look at the TQ on min compared to the stock one starting at 3000 to 3500 rpm.

way different to me and that means 87hp at the crank!

sorry i dont know how to put a pic up on here can somebody tell how so i can show you guys

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
thx for puting up the pic i have no idea on how to do it so how do you do it
Upload it to an image host (ex. Photobucket, Imageshack, Tinypic) and then copy the direct link and click the little icon while your posting that looks like a mountain and a sun with a yellow background and paste the link there.

I just assumed it was the same dyno from 451s.com :)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Upload it to an image host (ex. Photobucket, Imageshack, Tinypic) and then copy the direct link and click the little icon while your posting that looks like a mountain and a sun with a yellow background and paste the link there.

I just assumed it was the same dyno from 451s.com :)
I think you have to have 3 posts here to upload images.... Also make sure the images are reduced down to 640 x 480 and you can upload them directly from your computer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh ya were making headers for the smart full flow headers and we are going to make 5 for some people here in az that want them we are going to make a package deal for whoever wants one which will proaply incorporate a veloce perfomance ecu remap and a set of our header by the way our headers should not affect the warrenty because we willbe using the factory cat and still have all the sensors. so ill make a new tread on scoa.com when we come up with the package deal or maybe the headers them self and will explain some more.

i will then dyno the call another time to what we have acheved our goal is 90hp at the wheels cross my fingers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
baby benz i say 87 at the crank because at veloce performance in there testomonies they have a smart car that has dyno his car as well and has 66hp and 88TQ at the crank so i have 66.46HP so i figured 87TQ at my crank

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
I dont see how you are going to get 90hp when you are only at 66 hp at the wheels now. You would need 24 more hp no way you will get that with just headers. On a big V8 you are lucky to see 12hp with headers

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Since 3,200 RPM is right around cruising speed of 70MPH, I wonder what your boost would do to MPGs on a 300 mile trip. Are you consuming more fuel or getting more out of the same amount? My first guess is the former.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts