Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had many turbo charged cars, and I was always able to get by with a little extra boost by bleeding the waste gate with no ECU changes.

Can I bump up the PSI on a Fortwo 700cc by a few pound, or will it go into Limp mode.

Is the ECU a learning computer, and will it get used to more air and adjust fuel .

I am going to make a custom dump and exhaust, as well as a Pod in the future... but just after a few more PSI's at the moment.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Buy a subscription to Kane's site Evilution. He has a lot of info on what you can do. The Brabus turbo has higher boost I believe. He also has info on bigger throttle bodies and remaps. How much boost do you want. I hit 15 psi fairly often. Not sure I would want to get much more.

·
Super Moderator
11,304 Posts
At the top of the page, in the Black bar, there is the word FORUM. if you point to that word, a menu will drop down ,
follow that down to the heading MODEL DISCUSSIONS.
Point to that and it should open another menu where you can see ORIGINAL (450) SMART FORTWO.
click on that and you will be there.

There are 2 sub forums, and a main forum. Your post was moved to the Modifications and Repairs sub forum.

·
Registered
493 Posts
if you need other info on the 450s... try a few euro sites .. there are many in the UK , Germany, and France.
or email me I can direct you myself.

steveg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts