Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 60 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
yeah he's promoted the Mazda, the Fit, the Mini and maybe more (not sure) all over the smart. He states average buyers wouldn't choose the smart with all the better deals and the smart being so lacking. that's fine - that's his opinion but why would he be so interested in re-mapping the smart???? Maybe the other cars' forums aren't so busy:p

but please don't waste a beta test !!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've been the beta tester but your free to take my car out for a spin geosynch! When are you free to come out on our drives? xD... still haven't seen u since I turbocharged my car! The turn around time is one business day for him, plus the time to ship to him and get it back.

Larry
Hi Larry,

Yeah, been awhile. I'd love to drive your car some time. It seems that the standard Wednesday (Or was it Thursday?) first of the month drives sort of vaporized after a while. Are they still happening?

My wife's business sort of took a nose dive last year and funds for toys kind of dried up. But it looks like that is turning around. I'd be interested in a remap if it had noticeable gains. Not sure if I'm ready to pony up to a turbo, but it could happen this year.

Best,

geosynch

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
nahhhh....they don't work...took the whole bottle and I'm still dumb as a rock...talking about rocks...the blue ones have the same effect:D

jetfuel...here kitty kitty kitty
That's o k, I hear they taste like rabbit turds anyway. NOW I know what happened to that cat!:D Those kittens sure looked funny.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Brian R contributed quite a lot of good information and was an active and respected member of the forum for a good long while. I believe he had some unfortunate health issues that took up most of his time and energy for a good while. I believe they ultimately had a "happy" ending. In no way would I consider him a "hater."

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Brian R contributed quite a lot of good information and was an active and respected member of the forum for a good long while. I believe he had some unfortunate health issues that took up most of his time and energy for a good while. I believe they ultimately had a "happy" ending. In no way would I consider him a "hater."
reference removed, only saw his most recent disparaging of smart.

·
Registered
651 Posts
IMHO Brian R is a very intelligent individual who is using that and his experience to play devil's advocate to the benefit of the smart forum.I do not think he hates smarts.He from what I can see saw some sketchy info and is questioning it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
regarding the money back guarantee, in the mercedes world at least, all the ECU tuners I'm familiar with offer the same guarantee, so I don't really see it as a "plus" in this situation.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You make good points, and to our failing all I can say is the smart is not our main focus. We do tons of Mazda, Porsche, and Mercedes work...... We don't know everything about the smarts, but we have a good reputation with the rest of the makes that we remap. we are always willing to learn from our mistakes.................Dyno
If the smart is not your main focus, and you're willing to learn from your "mistakes" then does this mean that Smarts will wind up on the back burner towards other vehicles that you are doing? Learning from your "mistakes"? and "We don't know everything about the smarts". Is this really who we want tuning our equipment? Seems like Renntech and Smartmadness have a better handle on the situation.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
We are offering both the ECU and TCM tune right now through Dynotronics.

I believe Larry will soon, according to his past thread.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Originally Posted by dynotronics1
You make good points, and to our failing all I can say is the smart is not our main focus. We do tons of Mazda, <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_40_0">Porsche</nobr>, and Mercedes work...... We don't know everything about the smarts, but we have a good reputation with the rest of the makes that we remap. we are always willing to learn from our mistakes.................Dyno

So then will one of the three of you know what you're doing? Or will it all be "seat of the pants" learning.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
when ive had my vehicles tuned before its always been a hit and miss sort of speaking, new improvements were always coming out.

i looked at joes page but didnt see much for smart specific, what/where/again?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Everyone,

Chris, also known as Pitstopautoinc has been going into nearly all of my threads and has been trying to talk bad about my product. If you go to the Vendors directory, you can see that he is the last person to post on 5 to 6 of my threads. (I will leave it that way for the moderators to see)

Chris, used to be my Vendor for the Renntech ECU upgrades. Unfortunately, things didn't work out. The Dyno charts were done by a company who didn't really know how to use their equipment and the numbers were not believable. The prices were too high and it didn't do that well.

Just recently, Chris texted me to sell the ECU equipment with a threat that if I don't respond he will sell to the other Vendors out there. I decided not to buy it because I felt the threat was a poor way of doing business. I wanted to make sure I don't let my customers down so I found Dynotronics.

Dynotronics, or DPTune has an excellent reputation and really knows what they are doing. They can do just the ECU for much cheaper than what is out there. With their TCM upgrade, I thought it would be a nice addition of upgrades we can offer to the community.

Chris, I highly suggest you stop what you are doing. I have contacted the moderators and the administrator. Your post will either be deleted in the morning or you can possibly be banned from SCOA.

Sorry, for this post.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not once did I say you had a bad product. I just asked questions about it. There is a difference. If your going to be a vendor, and I'm sure SCOA would agree that its acceptable to answer the public's questions right? If I said something wrong about one of your products, quote me. And as I will quote you "Dynotronics, or DPTune has an excellent reputation and really knows what they are doing." If that is the case, then why would dynotronics say himself earlier in this thread "We don't know everything about the smarts" So which is it? He knows what hes doing according to you, or he doesn't according to himself. Seems rather wishy washy. Not saying its a bad product, simply saying that you should get your story correct. I'm sure SCOA could agree to that right? If you have a problem with my questions, perhaps you should rethink posting on a public thread.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Who will be offering this tune? Smartcarperformance, dynotronics, and Larry?
SmartCarPerformance thru Dynotronics

I also will offer this type of service but a different tune setup in a week to two, I wont be able to disclose how mines will be different then the other tune currently available until I make sure it runs 100% perfect on my car. :) This tune will be universal for regular smart and turbo smarts ;)
If there's any further inquiries, my fellow smarties may send me a private message :) since again this is Cisco thread and I respect his thread post.

Cheers! Happy Sunday :)
Larry

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not once did I say you had a bad product. I just asked questions about it. There is a difference. If your going to be a vendor, and I'm sure SCOA would agree that its acceptable to answer the public's questions right? If I said something wrong about one of your products, quote me. And as I will quote you "Dynotronics, or DPTune has an excellent reputation and really knows what they are doing." If that is the case, then why would dynotronics say himself earlier in this thread "We don't know everything about the smarts" So which is it? He knows what hes doing according to you, or he doesn't according to himself. Seems rather wishy washy. Not saying its a bad product, simply saying that you should get your story correct. I'm sure SCOA could agree to that right? If you have a problem with my questions, perhaps you should rethink posting on a public thread.
It would appear that we stepped right into the middle of a vendor dispute!

Look let me try to clear up a few points;

It would appear you have taken my attempt to be humble out of context. When I stated that we don't know everything about the Smarts, I was simply being honest. I don't, but then who does?

As to the statement about our failings and learning from our mistakes, well I was refering to the screw up when sending Cisco the information on the smart data, and the fact that we have some incorrect tables on the website.

However, all that said, let me make this clear. We have been tuning the Smarts for several years. And our Partner, Piasini Engineering, was one of the first to be able to remap all of the tables in the smart. Further, we are the only company in the world to offer the remap of the TCM at this point. Yes there are some that have added a resistor here and there to effect a small change by "spoofing the box", but thats not quite the same thing.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion. And further I hope that we can get back on track with this thread.

41 - 60 of 215 Posts