Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whom sells them ?

-CPA Chiptuning $325+shipping from EU (this is not for a Smart specially) Can anyone confirm this will work on 453 ?
-Smart Madness $700

Who else is in the market ? I would like to get one but would like to see my options first..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read this existing thread:

REVIEW : Smart Madness Ecu for the 2016 Smart 453 - Smart Car Forums

Alternatives are discussed.
Essentially same from my OP. That's where I got the information, just wanted to leave out the side talking aside and compile a list. Basically SM has bad customer service, with multiple forum members.... and double the price of the CPU counter part, however not same CAR but same engine. Has anyone tried the CPU tuning box ? .Any other "tuning box" in the market ?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Fairly certain the CPA unit is only about $265 US. The price on the site has VAT added. At that price with a money back guarantee, it does not seem like much of a gamble to try one out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Essentially same from my OP. That's where I got the information, just wanted to leave out the side talking aside and compile a list. Basically SM has bad customer service, with multiple forum members.... and double the price of the CPU counter part, however not same CAR but same engine. Has anyone tried the CPU tuning box ? .Any other "tuning box" in the market ?
I've been looking at these two for a while now and still haven't decided which one to go for. I'm leaning towards CPA, I emailed them about the numbers not matching our North American 453 stock figures. Waiting for their reply.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fair enough.
I have no patience.

I'll order from CPU.

I inquire w/ SM about spring rates, I got a run around answer a few days later w/ no follow up :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
fair enough.
I have no patience.

I'll order from CPU.

I inquire w/ SM about spring rates, I got a run around answer a few days later w/ no follow up :(
Can you send me the link to the one you are ordering from CPU?

And can you let me know what was the total you paid shipped to your door?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you send me the link to the one you are ordering from CPU?

And can you let me know what was the total you paid shipped to your door?
https://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chiptuning-Renault-Clio-4-Typ-X-0-9-TCe-90/motortuning_2449.htm#return1

296 Euros or 325 USD. I'm eagerly waiting. >:D
Tomorrow the agenda for the morning is putting the smart on the lift and taking a look to see if cat by-pass is possible. Private track day scheduled 2 weeks out from today. Hopefully i'll have the "tuning box" + maybe cat delete.

·
Registered
67 Posts
https://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chiptuning-Renault-Clio-4-Typ-X-0-9-TCe-90/motortuning_2449.htm#return1

296 Euros or 325 USD. I'm eagerly waiting. >:D
Tomorrow the agenda for the morning is putting the smart on the lift and taking a look to see if cat by-pass is possible. Private track day scheduled 2 weeks out from today. Hopefully i'll have the "tuning box" + maybe cat delete.
This is exciting. Keep me updated on the cat delete as well. A cold air intake to open up the turbo sound would be even better for track day. :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
Often this means there is a local distributor, and the global source agrees not to ship there in order to maintain the local distributor's market. "contractual obligations"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts