Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased an ED a little over a year ago, so the car is now due for the first service even though I only have about 4k miles on it. I called a couple of dealers in SoCal and was quoted $150 to $200 for this service. That seems to be quite a ridiculous amount for an electric car!

Has anyone in Orange County or SoCal received a better price for this service? If so, where?

Also, if I get the service done a few months late, will I be charged a penalty at the end of the lease?

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I leased an ED a little over a year ago, so the car is now due for the first service even though I only have about 4k miles on it. I called a couple of dealers in SoCal and was quoted $150 to $200 for this service. That seems to be quite a ridiculous amount for an electric car!
Maybe, maybe not? After all this is emerging EV technology and the BAP requires that you care for THEIR BATTERY . . .

And what would be the "right amount" for annual service at a M-B dealer?

A side benefit of your (required) $150 annual service might even be a software upgrade?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe, maybe not? After all this is emerging EV technology and the BAP requires that you care for THEIR BATTERY . . .

And what would be the "right amount" for annual service at a M-B dealer?

A side benefit of your (required) $150 annual service might even be a software upgrade?
You're right...I forgot that we drive a Mercedes :). I thought $150-200 was a bit high for a cheap toy car considering the synthetic oil change service with inspection, etc. for my C63 AMG costs $169 at the same dealer.

costed $157
and how do you only have 4k miles in a year
I have 3 cars but no daily commute anymore. It's hard to put more than 4k miles a year driving to grocery stores :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts