Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
In the middle of Georgetown? At Wisconsin and M St.? In that area there is not much driving and a whole lot of sitting. And where is one to park when one goes there? Bad location all around, if you ask me. Nobody did.

Maybe they are going to have people drive down to the foot of Wisconsin Ave., turn right and drive up the canal tow path. Or the bike path. Dumb idea. Dumb.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
In the middle of Georgetown?

Maybe they are going to have people drive down to the foot of Wisconsin Ave., turn right and drive up the canal tow path. Or the bike path. Dumb idea. Dumb.
Strategic planning & marketing 101 - if we keep the "test" drives SHORT, we can brag about our LONG battery life . . . :D

Could it be about location, location, location - charging station photo op?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Georgetown is not all that bad of a location. I am thinking of the idea that perhaps the show is to demonstrate how well the EV Smart would do in it's "natural city surroundings".
BTW i am very familiar with that part of Washington D.C. and it does get very congested during the daytime and evening hours. If the roadshow really wanted to do DC, id say Connecticut Avenue N.W would be a far better setting past Woodley Park Zoo. There are some small lots that are good for the show.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Went to the funtest drive in Georgetown yesterday and it was a blast. They had many EV cars to try and even a few gas powered Smarts just so folks who never even driven a Smart could try one of those. I myself took out a coupe and then a cabriolet.
Both of them were great and yes, i did reserve bragging rights to being a current owner. :D If the structure were more there for an EV, id consider one of them say in a drop top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts