Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here. bought an '08 smart last summer, and everything great...til cold weather this winter. It sits there, and the door speakers pop and fizz. worrisome, so far no damage, but has to be draining the battery. the radio can be turned on and off without key in ignition. doesn't do it when radio is on. local fellow said battery might be going, but turns over and starts fine. also, heater fan quit working for awhile, til I topped the coolant level off in tank, though it still had coolant in it and wasn't very low. another puzzler.
anyone else have this radio problem, or any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Heater fan quitting is a common problem. Best fix is to remove the fan and clean the armature commutator, and tighten up the wiring connector. as for the radio, I'd guess it was installed wrong. Welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
my radio does that too. And it appears to be draining the battery because it goes dead if I don't drive it every day. What the heck?

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
The factory smart radio is supposed to work without the key in the ignition, common feature in European cars. :)

As for the pop and fizz, I'm not sure what would be causing that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts