Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching TV this morning. CNN. Elio Motors was advertising it's little $6,800 3 wheel car. I guess their really going to produce the little Boger. 100 bucks down. You get a t-shirt, for that too. I can image the looks, the little car will get on the road.

·
Super Moderator
28,978 Posts
You and Wolf Blitzer's mother saw it then....:D

Seriously, my pretend Elio worked out to $8,157, including optional (?) TPMS:
Summary:
Base Price $6,800.00
Color:Red Hot +$0.00
Transmission:Automatic +$1,050.00
Tires:Standard Fender +$0.00
Wheels:Standard Wheel +$0.00
Trim:Wood Tone +$145.00
Carpeting:Black +$78.00
Convenience:Tire Pressure Monitoring System +$84.00
Estimated price *:
* Prices subject to change. Final price excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title, registration and installation of select options.
Options offered are subject to availability and level of interest.
$8,157.00
:)

·
Super Moderator
28,978 Posts
Several choices for the interior - wood grain is probably some sort of vinyl stick-on material. Kinda like buying a Porsche, in that everything is optional....:)

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
Elio Motors, still dreaming . . .

Dunno how many Elio threads are required but from the 5/13/2016 SEC Form 1-U which includes 3/31/2016 Financials.

Here is the reality check . . . :shrug:

Operating Results

We have not yet generated any revenues and do not anticipate doing so until late in 2016 at the earliest, but more likely in 2017.

For the three months Ended March 31, 2016 Compared to March 31, 2015. Operating expenses for the three months ended March 31, 2016 increased by 225% over the comparable 2015 period, due primarily to a significant increase in engineering, research and development costs.

As a result, our net loss for the three months ended March 31, 2016 was $9,050,679, as compared to $4,268,365 for the comparable 2015 period, an increase of 112%. Our accumulated deficit was $75,303,304 at March 31, 2016.

Future Financing

Much of the vehicle engineering has been completed, and we are finalizing our engineering simulations, which suggest that the important vehicle performance milestones can be achieved. To date, $23.3 million has been invested in vehicle engineering and development. We obtained approximately $16.0 million in net proceeds from our Regulation A offering to build prototypes. Upon completion of this phase, the vehicle production costs, as well as the performance and safety profiles, will be understood to a level that will allow for the kick-off of tooling. With the development risks addressed, we will then be in a position to raise larger amounts of capital, estimated to be up to an additional $312 million to fund the completion of prototypes, testing, facility fit-up and move into production.

Unassociated Document

·
Registered
192 Posts
Options on the Elio brand..............

The UP side to Elio options,is you buy the basic car,and add only the options
that you want,later on. Other brands,you can't even buy the basic car.They all
are sold with a "comfort package" "performance package" "appearance
package" or other"packages" that raise the purchase price MUCH higher,and the
"packages" include a lot of options you DON'T want or need!!................

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen a lot of the Polaris slingshot on the roads here. I believe this is considered a motorcycle. Would the Elio be one too?

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Not a lot of protection from the elements on tose Polaris machines. The few I have seen, the occupants are wearing helmets and faceshields, or at least a handkerchief across their faces presumably to filter out dirt and bugs (??)

They are nice looking machines tho!!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,564 Posts
I have seen a few of the Polaris Slingshots with a vinyl top snapped to the roll bar. The Elio would be more of a daily type car than the Polaris in my opinion. My JZR reverse trike is only a fair weather fun type of vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts