Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Smart ForTwo Electric Battery Health Still Strong At 125,000 Miles

I’m Moritz Leicht from Germany and would like to tell you about my smart electric drive from 2013 with the standard 3.7 kW charger (in Europe there is also a 22 kW charger available). At the end of 2018, we passed the 200,000 km-mark and are now happy the battery still has 90% of its original capacity left.

Here are a few facts about the car:
– 3rd generation smart electric drive
– battery (17,6kWh) by the German Accumotive (Joinventure Daimler & Bosch)
– a realistic range of 100km
– charges at maximum with a speed of 20km/h
– the smart electric drive has a fluid based battery heater and cooler
– motor by EM-motive, same as the Fiat 500e, but limited to 55kW due to the small battery
– went to every 20.000km inspection and never had anything wrong
– the smart is a car and we use it as we want. For example, we drove a few laps in racing speed at the Hockenheimring in Germany
– the battery still has 90% left
– this car changed our life, originally leased just for two years my dad bought it after the two years
– this car made my family go full electric (I switched from the old ED to the new EQ, my brother got the old ED, my Mum drives a Renault Zoe, my Dad got a used Model S 100D)
– still has its first brake discs and shoes
– only thing that was replaced where the tires and all the lights
– we are never ever going to give this car away
:)

https://insideevs.com/smart-fortwo-ed-electric-battery-capacity-high-miles/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome to hear! I just purchased a 2015 ED with 13,000 miles. I'm looking to own/drive it until it can no longer go forward...then harvest the battery for a project and sell the rest for parts if able. My wife and I love it so far!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts