Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's another custom Smart Car (2008 convertible modified by Smart Madness)...low mileage...loaded lots with extras...selling on eBay with no reserve!

Will probably sell for no more than $7,500 - $8,000...give or take...

Features full body kit...custom paint...17" alloy wheels...leather...Navi...etc...

This Smart is featured on the Smart Madness website under customer vehicles...long list of Mods!

Here's the link to the eBay listing... Smart for Two Brabus | eBay

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I messages the guy to explain to him why it isn't a Brabus, but didn't get a response. Interesting Smart anyway.
The fact that it's not a true US Brabus model does not really matter...hard to beat a cute custom Smart convertible for only $7,000 to $8,000...will make a fun vehicle for a first time Smart buyer!

Tons of Mods by Smart Madness...probably $5,000 of extras!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Hmmm, if you strip off the Brabus body kit, suspension, wheels, fuel filler "B" overlay, and seats, the only original Brabus feature left is the stick on Brabus label on the tail gate, the gas pedal, and the floor mats. Oh, yeah, that's a Brabus alright. :eyeroll: That's not a Brabus, it's (a) MADNESS!

I met a guy yesterday who ordered a 2011 Brabus convertible from the local NON smart center MB dealer for $30,000. It did NOT come with Brabus wheels, even at that price! The extra sur charge must have been a carrying charge to flat bed it to Memphis. What a rip! I would say the local MB dealer owe's him a set of wheels.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I met a guy yesterday who ordered a 2011 Brabus convertible from the local NON smart center MB dealer for $30,000. It did NOT come with Brabus wheels, even at that price! The extra sur charge must have been a carrying charge to flat bed it to Memphis. What a rip! I would say the local MB dealer owe's him a set of wheels.
The gentleman you met ordered the car to his specs...not your...I applaud the guy for doing something different & ordering a custom Smart...as far as the 30K price tag...a nice bank account has it's privileges!

·
17,352 Posts
I messages the guy to explain to him why it isn't a Brabus, but didn't get a response. Interesting Smart anyway.
Sadly, US spec smarts don't have any special edition VINs, not even Brabus models. :(

The seller can call it a Brabus all day and it won't make a difference, it will always read off as a passion...a pretty cool passion. :D

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Sadly, US spec smarts don't have any special edition VINs, not even Brabus models. :(

The seller can call it a Brabus all day and it won't make a difference, it will always read off as a passion...a pretty cool passion. :D

Not sure your correct. Our sales manager showed me once. The vin number showed it was a factory US Brabus, back in 09.

·
17,352 Posts
Oh yeah, it's sadly very correct. :(

Here in the US, VINs go as follows:

ICE
- pure/passion coupe
- passion cabriolet

EV
- electric drive coupe
- electric drive cabriolet

Brabus trims are technically just option packages in the USA. Even Tailor Made models will read as a passion. :(

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Not sure your correct. Our sales manager showed me once. The vin number showed it was a factory US Brabus, back in 09.
Neon is correct...no differance in VIN on US Brabus...it's just an option package with the the same VIN as a Passion...my Brabus VIN always came up as a Passion/Pure for registration or insurance purposes...

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Neon is correct...no differance in VIN on US Brabus...it's just an option package with the the same VIN as a Passion...my Brabus VIN always came up as a Passion for registration or insurance purposes...
Issue, with that, if you were to wreck, or total your Brabus. The insurance looks at that vin number. Stating it Brabus. The replacement value is going to be higher, on that model. I think I believe what the smart sale manager told me.
We could ask that LA guy in, California that sells smarts.

·
17,352 Posts
I would've bought it just for the colour...
...And the dual clutch automatic. :naughty:

But no, it's a really nice car that went for an unbeatable price! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts