Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did that recall thing a few months ago, and I'm slightly confused. Was checking my oil like normal and saw that the insulation matt on the engine cover was deteriorating, is this NOT the part that was supposed to be replaced? Photo attached.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,358 Posts
No, the insulation in the engine compartment was replaced. You're on your own for the engine cover pad in the photo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So why is the compartment cover not also included? It clearly is sagging and seems to be a fire risk also? Anyone know of the proper fix if not covered by the recall? I had my recall done already (and was glad to bring it in as my compartment cover mat we definately sagging) and was surprised they did not address this portion. I've since removed (well, just detached the last remaining 10% still adhered to the cover) and now I feel the carpet above it is hot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Your choices are to acquire a new or used engine cover or remove the insulation on your existing cover and glue on some compatible insulation material. I also cutout some dynamat and put that on top of the engine cover just under the carpet. It helps with the heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts