Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our last service MB fixed some leaks in the coolant pump. As a part of this the service notes stated that they shampooed / cleaned the "engine". Which resulted in the pump being somewhat cleaner but the rest of the motor bay still as dusty and dirty as you might expect for 3 years of regular use.

Has anyone cleaned the ED's motor compartment? And if so, how/with what?

I figured I could shop-vac it and maybe (cautiously) use a foam cleaner. Looking for experienced advice ...

Thx

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
All the electrical connections and modules are sealed against water, so just spray on some household cleaner on the dirt spots and hose off with a spray of water from a hose. Avoid using hard stream if possible. Of course, the keyswitch should be turned off while doing this just to be double safe.

Each spring, I do it to remove an accumulation of dust and fine road salt from motor and components.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All the electrical connections and modules are sealed against water, so just spray on some household cleaner on the dirt spots and hose off with a spray of water from a hose. Avoid using hard stream if possible. Of course, the keyswitch should be turned off while doing this just to be double safe.

Each spring, I do it to remove an accumulation of dust and fine road salt from motor and components.
This is what I do as well, Spray everything down with simple green, let it sit for a few minutes, then a gentle rinse-off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts