Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I need help with my 2003 smart 451, 61 HP. I have problem on 2nd cylinder. On computer it say misfire. I bought new spark plugs NGK. I have checked all 3 spark plugs, they have electricity and it's good but when I try to start a car it works wery hard and after 20,30 seconds just shut down. I checked on computer and it say again misfire 2nd cylinder. Can anybody help me or give me some advice what I need to check
Tnx for help
And sory for my bad English

·
Super Moderator
29,350 Posts
2003? Hopefully a typo as 451 smarts started with the 2007 model year... Anyway, could be a variety of things but the first place to look is for a burned valve - usually identified with a leak down compression check on each cylinder. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I second @jwight on the leakdown test. Misfire on a cylinder suggests a problem with fuel, spark, or compression. If you've eliminated spark, that leaves 2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2003? Hopefully a typo as 451 smarts started with the 2007 model year... Anyway, could be a variety of things but the first place to look is for a burned valve - usually identified with a leak down compression check on each cylinder. :)
Sorry I wrote wrong I Wil try to check compresion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts