Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now living in Florida and looking for some good Smart Mechanics. Someone that could recondition an engine and would have access to the parts and all.

Ocala, is North Central Florida, about an hour NW of Orlando. There is a Smart Dealer in Orlando as well as Tampa but I understand they can be VERY expensive when it comes to engines.

Even someone in Georgia or elsewhere could do. I'd take a short trip if I thought they could do the job well.

Anyone have any info to share? I would like to start a thread on this because more and more Smarts will be in need as the numbers increase and they grow older.

Thanks.

DR

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually it is running very nicely. But now is when you need to think about the eventual, not after it happens.

I take good care of my Smart but sometimes that is not enough.

Thanks for the link jwight. That is a good thread and gave me 2 places, one in Orlando and one in Sarasota. I understand there is one in Gainesville.

Parts of that thread are quite old (more than 2 years) so it would be nice to see revisions, if people hear of them.

In the meantime, I will check out these places.

DR

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Rigacci, Glad to see a fellow North Central Florida transplant. Max, our 08 silver carbio moved from his old home in Maine to Florida a couple of years ago. Now he hails from a city over....Dunnellon. Anyway while I haven't had any service issues to date.... GeekGirl posted this a few years ago and I plan on giving them a call when service is needed.

Good luck and you may see us tooling around the area.. usually with a couple of bikes hanging off the hitch rack.

DowneasTTer

Ocala and the villages great place to get maint done.

I have been using Jim for about 8 years, he is a master porshe mechanic and his clientele is mostly BMW and Benz, he now works on Smarts, and is very reasonable.

He is off 484 and county road 475A.

Oil changes are 49.00 and he get you in and out fast.

Autobahn Imports
**2 reviews ** * rate & review ***
8716 SW 27th Ave*
Ocala, FL 34476
Phone: (352) 237-8300
Edit Business Info

The phone always rings keeps trying they always have work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All good info. Thanks.

I was born and raised in Massachusetts (Arlington). Drove a cab in Boston for a few years.

Moved to New Jersey and then PA. Now, Florida!

I'll have to get up to Gainesville. That is sure better than Orlando or Tampa.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
All good info. Thanks.

I was born and raised in Massachusetts (Arlington). Drove a cab in Boston for a few years.

Moved to New Jersey and then PA. Now, Florida!

I'll have to get up to Gainesville. That is sure better than Orlando or Tampa.

Ah, If you drove in Boston let alone a cab you are prepared for Ocala..... just remember FL's MAIN driving rule....DON'T even think about using your turn signal.... as using it is a sure sign you are from away....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts