Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I just picked a 2015 Smart fortwo. It has only 32K kms on it. When I start it up it has a high pitch for about 15 -20 secs. Is this normal? In the winter is it going to be a higher pitch for 3 minutes? Should I get a diagnostics on it? I know cars warm up but my Jeep doesn't have a high pitch. Thank you. PS....I may just be paranoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To continue the topic.
This spring I bought a smart forfour 2016 year with 30 K kilometers.
Until now, the first ignition in the morning is always followed by increased revs on idle gas (around 1200), and after about one minute, the revs drop to around 900.
In the few past weeks, mornings got colder, and the first morning ignition will be followed by revs at 900, at idle, and for example, after a small driving tour (to the kindergarten) the second ignition will be followed by revs at 1200, which drop down to 900 after a minute to two. Is it normal?
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
29,721 Posts
The engine and drive train on the 453 are the same for both versions of the car. Increased idle on cold start is normal. Not sure why the car would initially idle at 900 rpm in colder weather but if it goes back to 900 once the engine has warmed up that sounds normal also. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.