Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dreaded has happened... I was driving along the highway this afternoon when the EPS light popped on and all of a sudden the car did not want to accelerate. I pulled off and turned off the car, and when I turned it on again the check engine light had come on as well. She still does not want to speed up and I clunked my way to the doctor, planning on scanning for codes when I get home hoping it’ll throw something... I read that it could possibly be the reluctor rings but I’m not very car savvy and was wondering if anybody else might have any ideas or experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, just in case anyone wanted an update... Took the wheels off and cleaned the rings, left side was absolutely covered in gunk! Lights and codes have gone away, and I have an accelator pedal on tab in case they come back again ? She’s been behaving since then, no problems. Well, now the driver lock won’t lock, but that’s a problem for another forum post ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.