Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Cool, I always liked Ernie! But, "they run on three and a half cylinders"?
He'd make a good spokesperson, if smart ever needed to advertise in the USA.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
I love Ernest Borgnine! :kissyou:

"Q. What is your current hobby?
A. My wife bought me a Smart Car. It's the passion of my life right now and I'm having a ball with it. I've had it up to 85 miles per hour just to see how fast it would go and it wound up pretty good. They've got plenty of room inside, but they're for two people.
I went to Italy to make a picture and I saw this little car and said I just gotta have one. Man, they're just the loveliest things you've ever seen and they run on three and a half cylinders and eight gallons of gasoline and they go! They take off and get you where you want to go very easily and very quickly and as nicely as any big car would do."

I've always believed that besides being a fine actor, he's really one of the good guys.
And now I love him all the more! :kissyou:

Just a little curious about the three and a half cylinders. :confused: that's gotta be a mis-quote!

·
Registered
307 Posts
He drives a smart car?! How cool! He was great in "The Poseidon Adventure" and as the voice of Mermaid Man in "SpongeBob SquarePants"

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Ah, just watched Ernie again in Marty on TCM and now a 60 min interview. He's still got that twinkle in his eye. :cool: Later tonight -From Here to Eternity. ummmmm...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
All that came to mind when I hear his name is the 1960s TV sitcom "McHale's Navy." Yeah, I'm getting old. I didn't know he was still alive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ernest Borgnines Smart Car

Here are some pictures of Ernest Borgnines Smart Car. Sorry so slow to get back , but I haven't been to this site lately. The car now has 3458 miles on it. It is still like a new car. It has always been kept inside and never driven in the rain. Underneath, inside and under the hood looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. It feels good driving it knowing Ernest Borgnine had his hands on the steering wheel just like me. I have copies of the original title and 2 years registration papers, plus his California license plate that came with the car. I have many more pictures if any one would like to see. My original log in was Notofearth. I forgot and reregistered....mu bad.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts