Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I obtained Ernest Borgnines 2008 Smart Fortwo Passion from the Peterson Automotive museum in Beverly Hills. It had only 450 miles on it and had been sitting in the museum for 6 years. It would not start, but I could tell the fuel pump was seized from sitting so long. I replaced the battery, cleaned the injectors and replaced the fuel pump, It started right up and runs as a new car should. I just have over 6000 miles on it now and it gets smoother and stronger as it breaks in. I just took a trip from Las Vegas to Bullhead city this last week and drove between 65 and 70 the whole trip. I topped it off in Bullhead city to check mileage. I went 119 miles and put in just over 2 gallons. It worked out at 54.8 mpg. I was very happy. I fuel gauge never moved till the last 20 miles or so. If you are light on the pedal and drive smooth, these little cars are amazing. Anyway , it feels good sitting in the drivers seat knowing Hollywood legend Ernest Borgnine sat in the same seat and held the same steering wheel where my hands are. I basically have an 11 year old brand new car..I love it..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hmm, only one car less than 7 years old - my 453 smart. Others range from 2004 to 1977. But I live in WV. Open carry was legal way before allowed in TX. :)

·
I'll figger this car out
349 Posts
Hi, I obtained Ernest Borgnines 2008 Smart Fortwo Passion from the Peterson Automotive museum in Beverly Hills. It had only 450 miles on it and had been sitting in the museum for 6 years. It would not start, but I could tell the fuel pump was seized from sitting so long. I replaced the battery, cleaned the injectors and replaced the fuel pump, It started right up and runs as a new car should. I just have over 6000 miles on it now and it gets smoother and stronger as it breaks in. I just took a trip from Las Vegas to Bullhead city this last week and drove between 65 and 70 the whole trip. I topped it off in Bullhead city to check mileage. I went 119 miles and put in just over 2 gallons. It worked out at 54.8 mpg. I was very happy. I fuel gauge never moved till the last 20 miles or so. If you are light on the pedal and drive smooth, these little cars are amazing. Anyway , it feels good sitting in the drivers seat knowing Hollywood legend Ernest Borgnine sat in the same seat and held the same steering wheel where my hands are. I basically have an 11 year old brand new car..I love it..

Congratulations on the acquisition!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts