Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to check out a 2011 passion with 33k on it! Beautiful car but noticed dash light on when test driving. Dealer said the seats were unplugged to do the detail today and the code is showing only now since doing that. My question is after finding out it’s a air bag light what do I do now?? 😬 still get the car or is it not worth it? Does this mean the passenger seat doesn’t have an airbag? I asked the dealer to take it to Mercedes to have it checked since I don’t have one where I’m from but he said he can’t because they will charge an arm and a leg! 🤦🏻‍♀️😬 I don’t know what to do!! Help!! Thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Or better yet, buy the reader first,go into the dealer and see if it clears. If it does, your good to go. If it doesn't, the dealer lied to you, and you can run away....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
“B” codes are body trouble codes that contain airbag codes. There is no “11B1” code, but B1131 is a “Passenger Pretensioner Loop Resistance High” code. If the seats were removed and the ignition turned on, some of the airbag codes will be set and latched and can’t be cleared with a “typical” Obd2 reader tool. In this case, if your code is a B1131, it sounds like a seat belt code.

·
Registered
642 Posts
“B” codes are body trouble codes that contain airbag codes. There is no “11B1” code, but B1131 is a “Passenger Pretensioner Loop Resistance High” code. If the seats were removed and the ignition turned on, some of the airbag codes will be set and latched and can’t be cleared with a “typical” Obd2 reader tool. In this case, if your code is a B1131, it sounds like a seat belt code.
Remedy for this is servicing the plug that goes into the pretension device . This applies to both sides , prob a dirty slightly corroded plug , unplug , spray with electronic cleaner spray , plug in and out a few times and dielectric grease it for final assembly . (Key out during all of this ). You will need a code clearer that can do the reset afterwards, basic obd readers won’t cut the mustard).

·
Registered
23 Posts
If he is a dealer he has locate shops he sends his cars to to get work done on. All used car dealer have some type of arrangement of shops. Those shops would have a scan tool capable of clearing codes, plus he is car dealer and he would have a scan tool to clear codes.
My guess is he is full of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went to check out a 2011 passion with 33k on it! Beautiful car but noticed dash light on when test driving. Dealer said the seats were unplugged to do the detail today and the code is showing only now since doing that. My question is after finding out it’s a air bag light what do I do now?? 😬 still get the car or is it not worth it? Does this mean the passenger seat doesn’t have an airbag? I asked the dealer to take it to Mercedes to have it checked since I don’t have one where I’m from but he said he can’t because they will charge an arm and a leg! 🤦🏻‍♀️😬 I don’t know what to do!! Help!! Thank you.
RUN! RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts