Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't suppose anyone here has driven a Zoe? I'd be curious for a first hand impression.

Maybe Nissan will bring something like it to this side of the ocean.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I thought sure the Nissan Leaf would be a heavy hitter in the US and Europe.
The Leaf does hold a good percentage of the EV market, and is the global sales winner over its product lifetime for EVs. On an annual basis, including plugins you're roughly looking at, from last year, 35% Volt, 14% Leaf, 25% Tesla and the rest split amongst the others.

In Europe Renault has done very well this year with the Zoe because it's a small hatchback with 400km range. That's almost "perfect" for the average EU car buyer.

·
Registered
883 Posts
From the article it appears that the Zoe has a variable BAP associated with it. Good pricing and charge mileage.

Sent from Tapatalk on Android

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here in the cold and usually white north we have the Ford Focus rated for 185 km and the Chevy Bolt at 383km. Not as good for sure and I'm surprised the Ford numbers are so low. Tesla 3 will be rolling out this fall and I wonder what their final number will be?
And if we do get a Smart up here - well if is a big word but apparently true, maybe. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
A couple years ago, the Nissan had the EV market, selling the Leaf. Sold across the country, at all its dealerships. 3k units a month. A coworker of mine bought a used one, for his high school son to drive. The dated Leaf numbers, now have dwindle to only 1,566 unit last month. The Chevy Bolt has taken over in sales numbers, in the limited states sold here. 5,950 units YTD, compared to, the Leafs 5,742. By September, the Bolt will be selling across the country. All Chevrolet dealerships. The Zoe, is really a homely EV. Really not my taste. Can't wait to see the next generation Leaf. Nissan styling department is pretty cutting edge. Concept drawing of the next Leaf....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts