Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't think a blanket ban on plug-in hybrids is appropriate or the best solution.

Time limits on charging sessions, ramping up parking fees after a time limit, eventual tow-away; those all make sense. (I also don't think that it's reasonable to allow a 2 hour charging session and then be allowed to ticket and/or tow at the 121 minute mark. Let the financial incentives progressively ramp into place.)

(That said, if the chargers are city property, the city gets to make the rules; I have no problem with them having the authority. I just prefer they use that authority in the best possible way.)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The solution is simply more charging station so that these conflicts don't happen. If the car has a plug, it should have access to a charging station.

The problem in my area is that the due to the political/economic climate, the already tiny number of EV's a few years ago have become nonexistent and we already had a paucity of public charging stations, in the wrong place, and any ICE'd-in problems are due to a GMC Yukon or the like. As existing stations fall into disuse, the number of available working charging stations will decline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts