Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received this today:

Just posted on their site smartcentergermantown.com

Last year, 55 owners participated in the ride and we are already getting phone calls from some of you asking for the date. So tell your friends and other smart drivers that they can start sending us their RSVPs. The National Cherry Blossom Festival begins on March 26th, 2011 and we are already working hard to make sure that we can welcome every smart fortwo owner who wants to join us on the drive downtown.

To RSVP for the Cherry Blossom Ride on April 2nd, please send an email to [email protected] with RSVP for Cherry Blossom Ride in the subject line. Let us know how many people will be coming.
-------------
I'll be in Ohio the same weekend so all of you going have fun and take lots of pics.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the info! I really have enjoyed it the past two years. Not sure if I'll get to go this year though, I might have a scheduling conflict.

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad scheduling! Too bad they couldn't wait a week...
+1 I did tell Dan (RD) about the dates of the Ohio event and Tyson Corner's event. I was hoping for another weekend, too.

Oh well. I'm going to make the best of it all.

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Early bloom forecast for cherry blossoms

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/2011/03/early-bloom-forecast-cherry-blossoms
By:Erica Redmond03/03/11 8:05 PM
Special to The Washington Examiner

The chief horticulturist for the National Park Service said he believes the cherry blossom trees along the District's Tidal Basin will reach their peak bloom shortly after the start of this year's National Cherry Blossom Festival.
The festival will run from March 26 to April 10, and Rob DeFeo -- who has been predicting the peak bloom for 20 years -- said Thursday that the blossoms' peak bloom will be between March 29 and April 3.
The average peak blooming date is April 4, so this year's blossoms should be coming a little early.
The blooming period will be several days before and after the peak bloom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts