Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know these people, they just decided that zippy would make a good backdrop for their picture... Pretty funny ! :D

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Came out of a Grociery store once to find a teenager girl having her pic taken by my car.

Also cought the guy who collects money at our recycling center snap a pick of the car one day as I was leaving.

Both with Cell phones

I like how you had the thought to take a picture of someone taking a picture of your smart. Im sure the pink dress had something to do with it.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Now you have "elbow" prints on your window :eek:

That's the time to take advantage of the "panic" button :D
(I've done that on several occasions) :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Most of the time, its people driving next to me on the expressway snapping shots with their cellphones. The funniest times are at night when the drivers use their flash. I would be screwed if I happened to look over and get a flash in the face at night while doing 75mph.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Get used to it. I've had pictures taken at 75 on the freeway, stop signs, parking lots, car shows and even in my own drive way. Get a lot of new best friends this way...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I've had the random highway photos but never saw anyone pose in a parking lot! You attract 'em, Suze.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Had plenty of them. Lots posing with the car, quite a few ask to have their pic taken while they sit in it and of course the 75mph interstate pictures. Been a good month since I've caught anyone posing with the car, same for the seated in car pic request. Only been 3 days for a random cell phone pic.

·
Super Moderator
11,216 Posts
Had a kid take a picture of his buddy while I was in the drive-thru line at the local Dairy Queen. Didn't even buy me a cone or anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Suze, that is too funny!! Is that a parking lot you normally park in ? Because it looks like she dressed specifically to pose with your car. Did they see you take a picture of them taking a picture of your car?

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suze, that is too funny!! Is that a parking lot you normally park in ? Because it looks like she dressed specifically to pose with your car. Did they see you take a picture of them taking a picture of your car?

Total coincidence - I never parked there before. Yes, I told them I was taking a picture of them taking a picture of my car. She (the pink lady) took several shots of the car alone first. It's all in good fun. I get a lot of young girls wanting to take a picture. I don't even mind the "elbow" prints too much. They're having such a good time with little pink zippy. :)

I once saw a bunch of teen boys posing in front of my smart - but was too slow to get a pic of them getting a pic. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Yeah, I have had people take pics - some even asked. Had one at 70+ in high cross-winds decide he could one-hand it with a regular camera. But the one that got me was when I took my smart in for the 2.0 upgrade. I pulled into the service tunnel, and immediately drew a crowd (who'da thunk it! drawing a crowd with a smart in at the smart dealership - guess they liked the tongue on front and key on back!). One of the service techs asked if he could take some pics...

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Last Summer, within weeks of taking delivery, as I was coming out of the Post Office a guy stopped his car in the street near my car and snapped a picture as I approached. I saw him do it and didn't really think too much of it ... that was fairly tame compared with some of the behavior I'd witnessed in the first months of ownership.

Months later, my baby sister told me a friend had shown her a picture of a smart he'd taken. He had no idea I was his friend's brother when he took the photo. I haven't seen the photo myself, but my sister said I was clearly recognizable approaching the car. :)

Other than that, there were several times when people created hazards by taking cell photos while in traffic. Nothing that I've noticed in months though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I get pictures taken every day. It normally get a little wild when I go to DC around the Mall..I guess it's because I have a windup key that turns (it's amuzing still even for me). Most pics are taken during traffic with their cell phones. The finger pointing and smiles are countless. I have gotten used to wearing a hat and big sunglasses so that I don't show up in everyone's pictures :cool:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Such fabulous accessories with your Smart. BTW i wear bow ties with a suit every so often to really add some fun and flair to my car. My profile picture shows one. I do recall one cel phone phone showing up at a stoplight. I even remember a couple from out of town asking me to allow them to take a picture of me in "Mr Blue". I gave them my em-mail address so they can send me a copy of that photo, but i never got it.
Come to think, the first full day of having my Smart a young couple asked me for permission to take a picture of my car. This is the only car i ever owned that has a larger photo album than that of my own family album.

I don't know these people, they just decided that zippy would make a good backdrop for their picture... Pretty funny ! :D

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I don't even mind the "elbow" prints too much. They're having such a good time with little pink zippy. :)
Suze - a HUGE :bigthumbup: to you for staying so great natured! So many people would have a conniption fit. It's a car that makes people happy and they aren't intentionally doing anything mischievous, let them keep smiling! :D

NCC - arrggghhhh, you're gonna jinx us with your countdown. :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts