Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the best ten quid I have spent in YEARS! I have yet to query something that I didn't find a graphic, clear, tutorial on how to do somethin. It beats the $14 I spent for a Mercedes Benz service manual that requires a virtual machine to run Windows XP on my Windows 10 laptop and sucks up 45 gb of space on the hard drive.

If you have any thoughts about tinkering on your Smart, this is a GOOD spend!

Charlie

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Does it cover the electric Smarts too?

Len
2014 EV

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts
Does it cover the electric Smarts too?
In a word, YES except for the motor and battery pack. :shrug:

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=info&mod=1062

Or as Kane says - what info do your want, what mods do you want to achieve?

Apart from the motor and batteries - IT'S THE SAME CAR . . .

You are not trained to mess with these batteries, you have no reason to mess with these batteries, there is nothing you can do with these batteries to make your car faster or go for longer.

The motor is a sealed unit that has no user serviceable parts. All of the power, torque and efficiency settings are all software controlled so until there are remaps available for them, there is absolutely no reason to mess with your ED batteries and motor.

Only true "difference" is the fuse layout which is covered in your owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
I realize it's almost the same car, but how about doing something as complicated as changing the desiccant cartridge for the battery. I mean you have to get a 14 mm Allen, unscrew the old one and then install the new one. That's a pretty complicated job to do without pictures to look at. :)

BTW, I have the WIS service manual mentioned in the first post and just wondered if Evilution had something different.

Len
2014 EV

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
I realize it's almost the same car, but how about doing something as complicated as changing the desiccant cartridge for the battery. I mean you have to get a 14 mm Allen, unscrew the old one and then install the new one. That's a pretty complicated job to do without pictures to look at. :)

BTW, I have the WIS service manual mentioned in the first post and just wondered if Evilution had something different.

Len
2014 EV
Just my .02 but the best way to get ED info onto Evilution is submit it to Kane, with photos. He's a one man operation and is not likely to buy an ED just to do research for the site. If you have the time, and the WIS, I'm sure he'd appreciate the input. :)

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts
i beg to differ, larger rear tires will extend your top speed and range by a few percent. :nerd:
Only talking about "batteries," not tires/wheels?

Not MY words, take it up with Kane "the Godfather of all things smart" . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts