Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just plugged in my 120 volt EVSE to 240 volts. This is without internal modification. I had already done the same for my Chevy Volt EVSE.

I don’t think it was necessary for either car, since they charge fast enough to keep up with my use. About the only time I may need faster charging is away from home. Also, my home becomes a faster charger for other RV users.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I just plugged in my 120 volt EVSE to 240 volts. This is without internal modification. I had already done the same for my Chevy Volt EVSE.

I don’t think it was necessary for either car, since they charge fast enough to keep up with my use. About the only time I may need faster charging is away from home. Also, my home becomes a faster charger for other RV users.
The smart electrics (gen 1/gen 2, and gen 3) have always been capable of that. Roughly 6 hours on gen's 1/gen 2, and only 3 for gen 3. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Thanks. It is tough to find info about these great EVs compared to leaf or volt.
Well, in terms of EV-only charging and range options, the 2017-2018 smart electric vehicles are not comparable to a hybrid vehicle (it's more favorable in terms of battery, charging options, range), and in terms of the other vehicle that is fully electric, the smart lacks the overall range, but is otherwise highly competitive to the other vehicle in terms of performance. The smart electric generally has a much more favorable upfront lease option, and of course its very unique and distinct personality that should bring tons of smiles per mile. :nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts