1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here is United Pictures' video report on the US smart launch. Lots of professional footage with plenty of close-ups!
thx micronut.

looks like red-orange, on the std video.

thats ok, if it is. its sortta of growing on me over time.

still wonder how a candy apple red would look on the smart.

the la show photos that look red, could be due to all the blue in the overhead window tint. making it look more red, than clear white outside light.

wish they could have shown some other colors, and some red interiors, in the video.

thx for the video find.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Video, The best so far.

Micronut. Thanks for finding and posting that video.

What a difference the production pros can make, and in high def to boot.

"I left my Smart in San Francisco"... For sure! :)

A2jack.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Good one, Micronut!

My wife and I just visited San Francisco last August so we can easily identify with all the scenes in the footage like Lombard St and all that.

The Street Smart tour must have been a blast there!

Thanks for posting the wonderful footage, MicroNut! :D:D

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Here is United Pictures' video report on the US smart launch. Lots of professional footage with plenty of close-ups!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GslhwI2nlqQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GslhwI2nlqQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Super Moderator
29,445 Posts
Excellent video - spread the word, e-mail the link to your fiends who haven't caught on yet. :)

Interesting comments - east and west coasts are the target initially; wonder what the breakdown is on this site? Equal interest in coupes and cabrios - kind of a surprise to me but doesn't really matter. Not surprised by the low interest in the pure - just not the way most Americans (and Canadians) want their cars. Pretty well covered in another thread.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Based on the amber lenses these could be USA versions? It looks like one of them has a beige leather seat with a darker mesh insert on the seal backs?
Indeed those are USA cars. Amber reflectors and dual backup lights are the telltales for the USA version smart. All leather seats are black. Leather seat back center mesh is dark, see my pictures of the leather in the Pictures forum under LA Auto Show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.