Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I took my smart into the shop because the exhaust was unbearably loud. Turns out that my boesch built exhaust had come completely loose. Now the bolts and gasket are both gone. Does anybody know what thread or kind of bolts go in there? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well today I took my smart into the shop because the exhaust was unbearably loud. Turns out that my boesch built exhaust had come completely loose. Now the bolts and gasket are both gone. Does anybody know what thread or kind of bolts go in there? Thanks!
Mercedes/smart part numbers:

A 132 142 00 80 gasket, muffler

N 910 143 008003 hexalobular bolt, bracket to exhaust manifold M8x30

Hexalobular means it is a e-torx head bolt.

(Hexalobular. Geeez. Goofy Germans.) :D

·
Banned
845 Posts
i had a Solo exhaust installed by Midas 4 years ago, they didn't torque it tight enough, lost the bolts and gasket 4 months later, lucky i was vacationing in Vegas that month (thanksgiving 2010) and i got the gasket at the Vegas smart dealer while i was there, $6 for gasket, Midas replaced the bolts for free. (no, i don't drive my smart to Vegas!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys! Luckily a tool shop down the street had the M8X30 Bolts. It couldve made for a long week otherwise. The gentleman at the shop said that he also used some automotive glue to hold the bolts in place this time! =)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I sure wished they carried the mirror still... what a disappointment... sorry.. I know this is bolts... just had to say.. it... only think I dislike about my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts