Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Paula. Are you sure they know you are racing them? :giggle:
Indeed, because I point at them, then point ahead, bury the tac a couple times, front end lifts up, count the Red, one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand...then the dream is over and I’m clutching my pillow tightly lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pinto’s, Vega’s, Pacer’s, and gremlins. When their in reverse.
Smark good morning,
My dear, by mentioning these models, you’re showing your age. I didn’t think you were a day over 23 before that comment, but now I’m blown away and not by a Pinto lol. Welcome to the AARP club of which I’m a respected member of lol
But please do consider this, all the models you mention are now classics.
Warmest regards and much respect
Paula

·
Registered
815 Posts
Pinto’s, Vega’s, Pacer’s, and gremlins. When their in reverse.
In the 70's II owned an AMC Gremlin X with a 304 V8.
Fast little car for its time. With that V8, I could moke the tires at will, it's a good thing it had a 24 or 25 gallon gas tank.
My was blueish silver with blue side markings.
The car rode slightly better than my smart, build quality was about on pair with the smart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Admittedly, the Smart isn't a pocket rocket, but in part it's how you use what you have. Lots of drivers have no clue, or are too timid to take an engine up over a few thousand RPM. I remember a friend with an MGB years ago who wouldn't rev it above 2K. First (and last) time I drove it, I punched it up to 5K.Completely different car. As Bill Cosby said in one of his comedy skits, gotta burn the gunk out now and then. Not that I'm suggesting an extended high speed run that burns the enamel off of exhaust manifolds...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts