Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody I just joined
I ordered 2 Smarts one on the first day back in March and the other one week after. I have since submitted my configuration for both. Passion coupe triple black with all options except fog lights and add instruments. The other is a Cabrio with all options in Red/Black. Today I have been invited to Bill Ussery Mercedes I guess to see the cars, drive them and to finalize the order. I will report after my visit. I should be one of the top 5 to get one here in Miami.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The food was exelent

I arrive early had breakfast and lunch, the crossoins sanwiches were exelent, had my drive on the blue convertible , small delay on response when gets off but not complaining, on the last street of the circuit I push it hard i got 50 mph before the end of the block I think the display was showing 2 gear..
My reservation ending on 1266....
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered 2 Smarts one on the first day back in March and the other one week after. I have since submitted my configuration for both. Passion coupe triple black with all options except fog lights and add instruments. The other is a Cabrio with all options in Red/Black. Today I have been invited to Bill Ussery Mercedes I guess to see the cars, drive them and to finalize the order. I will report after my visit. I should be one of the top 5 to get one here in Miami.
Congratulations on moving on to the next step! I'd be very curious what that next step is like. Specifically, some questions I think we'd all be interested in:
1. In finalizing the order, what kind of additional down payment is required?
2. Is the dealer adding any markup to the price that you got online when you picked your options?
3. Is the car going to come exactly with the options you ordered, or does the dealer try to add on other options?
4. Any idea from the dealer on the delivery date?
I've got to admit I'm envious- not only do you have a dealer identified, but it looks like you'll be moving to the next step soon. In the San Francisco Bay area, I don't even have a dealer that I know of yet.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
2. Is the dealer adding any markup to the price that you got online when you picked your options?
Per the smart reps at the road shows and at the smart house there will be no "dealer mark-up" on the car due to supply issues. Penske is holding the line that the MSRP is the sales price. The rep said it would not go the way of the Miata or the PT Cruiser in their roll-outs.

The rep at the smart house in Venice called it the iPhone of cars. Hopefully smart won't cut the price two months later and brick your car because you got service from somewhere else! <g>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went and drove the coupe and it is amazing how much space it has. I am 5' 11" 320 lbs and had no problem at all. I handles well and I am thinking the Power steering might be a waste of money. I thought the one I was driving had it until the copilot from Smart told me it did not. The manual/auto trany needs a bit of getting used to since it hesitates as it does the shifting fo you.
I guess it would be the same in a manual shift but here the smart does the clutch and shifting for you. They did not ask for additional deposits and I was told that I should get my first one in January in light of my early reservation. There were allot of people and it seems this car is and will remain popular for a while and more so with gas prices going up to who knows where. Another thing they told me is that they had 36K reservations.
You do the math.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1. Nothing on that
2. No markups only Dealer prep and destination charge
3. They say what we submited is the actual build order for the car so it should be exactly as what you order.
4. My first one in January and the Cabrio shortly thereafter (February)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They did not ask for additional deposits and I was told that I should get my first one in January in light of my early reservation.
As per our Reservation: "After you have been contacted by such dealer to place an order, you will have 30 days to complete a mutually agreed upon written purchase agreement with the dealer." If you do NOT within that 30 day period, your deposit will be refunded to you in full, without interest.

IMHO, better get a lock on that car or it can be up for grabs when it arrives.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It would be cool to get the admin to add a space to our profile for the 4 digit reservation number, anytime I read about the next step, I am always interested in knowing how far behind I am

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
It would be cool to get the admin to add a space to our profile for the 4 digit reservation number, anytime I read about the next step, I am always interested in knowing how far behind I am
Yes...my exact thoughts, Gamer! We could keep a running log right here on the forum to see how the sales go down.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It might be a while yet, Nicholas. SmartUSA is only up to 1185 as of today. Once they actually open the dealerships and buyers start taking delivery it should speed up quite a bit!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Starting a trend ... great idea

(see profile)

6 reservation numbers listed --- can sort by Location under advanced search option, again GREAT idea

·
Registered
834 Posts
I entered mine like this #xxxx C=xx/xx

The # is the reservation number and the C is the date I got me confirm and configure e-mail

Then you can do an advanced member search looking for a location #

1 - 20 of 27 Posts