Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make or have knowledge of a spare tire carrier that would fasten to the outside of a Smart? Maybe in the lines of a bike carrier?

·
Registered
833 Posts
They have the same diameter. They have the same lug pattern. Width/offset is just the difference. The fronts will fit on rear. You can use the spare until you get your tire repaired and then you put the original back on. Thats how it works.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Seems to me like the best answer is a hitch-mount spare tire carrier. L-shaped piece of square stock with a plate and three lugs on which to mount the wheel. If one wanted to get fancy, they could hinge it so that it dropped down to allow access to the storage.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
With two different sized wheels front and back how does that work?
The whole trick is to just have a thin one the size of the front. The back does not really matter the size. It is the front that would have issues more then the back. Since the front is thinner, I am guessing Smartieparts thought of this and thus made the smaller of the two the thinkable option. As the poster below you said. It is just to get you from point A to B, B being the dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I guess one could put two spare tires on it? One for the front and one for the back?

"Everything you’ll need to take control of your new smart car’s exterior. Professionally crafted and designed to allow the use of the attachments in a Mix n Match fashion. You won’t want to go another day without it! Whether it be for Golf, Cycling, a Spare Tire Carrier, a Luggage Carrier, or even a Garage Organizer.
"

Taking Product Questions Now..

[email protected]

Smart eParts, LLC
P.O. Box 2611
CareFree, AZ 85377-2611
"
Information
"
Anticipated Product Line

So, until then, just contact us and we will be happy to send you out a Brochure and the Product Specifications about our REAL exciting additions to your new smart car .
"
They seem to have alot of products planned. I plan to check the site in the future. :)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
You could carry four (4) spares?

Howdy all

On the above site they have a single tire carrier that appears to use the "tow bolt" hole (pic I saw had it mounted on the FRONT of a smart).

Using four (4) of these mounts, you could carry four (4) spare tires (for rallies maybe?).

What's that you say, you only have 3 tow bolt mounts?

Think again.

On the front bumper there ARE two (2) mounting holes, but only one (1) is visible.

Measure from center of bumper to center of mounting hole, then go that same distance the other way, drill (or cut) the bumper and you have a fourth tow bolt hole?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts