Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
You might want to be careful about this. A week or so ago, but local car wash’s air blowers took the hood off my ‘08. I was fiddling with my phone and didn’t notice. Having experienced this before, I had attached a second retaining strap so the good didn’t drag on the ground, but the loss in air flow across the radiator caused my smart to get very close to overheating. I have an UltraGuage that gave me an alert. Since the smart doesn’t have a native temperature gauge, I would not attempt putting a mask on your car unless you have an aftermarket temp gauge installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is awesome. How did you make it?
Thank you!! I worked with a local sign shop to make the "mask" out of a breathable mesh material which still allows some airflow. It has grommets which i used white clothesline to "secure" it, although the true securing comes from some cleverly hidden black paracord to the grill and push bar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might want to be careful about this. A week or so ago, but local car wash’s air blowers took the hood off my ‘08. I was fiddling with my phone and didn’t notice. Having experienced this before, I had attached a second retaining strap so the good didn’t drag on the ground, but the loss in air flow across the radiator caused my smart to get very close to overheating. I have an UltraGuage that gave me an alert. Since the smart doesn’t have a native temperature gauge, I would not attempt putting a mask on your car unless you have an aftermarket temp gauge installed.
That sounds scary! Fortunately the material is made from a breathable mesh, so airflow isn't entirely inhibited. I am running an OBD readout keeping an eye on temps as well. So far it's been handling well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts