Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a well used 2012 451 with essentially all factory options. I’m hoping to find a low mileage cabriolet. Can the factory cruise control be easily moved from one to another? -like plug and play? Next to the armrest it’s my favorite convenience!

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
I have a well used 2012 451 with essentially all factory options. I’m hoping to find a low mileage cabriolet. Can the factory cruise control be easily moved from one to another? -like plug and play? Next to the armrest it’s my favorite convenience!
Maybe this will help., it's from the Canadian smart club forum, which I also read. Good luck! Tell me how you make out, I will have to do this too.

From Steve's Smartieparts site -http://www.smartieparts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

Set/Minus switch (long): Rotate down and hold this switch for approximately 20 seconds until the LED shines red and then let go. Note that after 10 seconds it will flash green as mentioned above - KEEP holding it until it shines red to enter this mode! This mode is used to set/change the TheftProtection code.With the LED shining red Enter the current 4-button code sequence (the factory setting is PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS or MINUS, MINUS, MINUS, MINUS depending on the software version). Once correctly entered, it moves to the next step.With the LED now shining yellow Enter your new 4-button code sequence. It can be any 4-button sequence using the Plus, Minus, and Mode buttons. Once entered, it moves to the next step.With the LED now shining green Re-Enter your new 4-button code sequence.If everything was entered correctly, the programming mode will automatically exit. Otherwise, you will start over at the beginning of this programming mode.While Stopped:TheftProtection: With the key is in the ignition (or even a few seconds after the key has been removed), you can enter your 4-button sequence (see Setup section above) to engage or disengage the TheftProtection feature. The LED will shine red when the TheftProtection is engaged and will remain that way until it is disengaged with the proper code. After entering an incorrect code, 5 seconds must pass before another sequence is tried. Be CERTAIN you remember your code! There are 81 different combinations to try
Good luck on that - hopefully your boss has a photographic memory or just pushed down 4 times - you could probably pull the cruise control (i.e. reconnect the gas pedal - take the connector off from the dash )to disable the theft protection - but you are still left with a not so functional cruise.Cheers,Cameron

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Maybe this will help., it's from the Canadian smart club forum, which I also read. Good luck! Tell me how you make out, I will have to do this too.

From Steve's Smartieparts site -http://www.smartieparts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

Good luck on that - hopefully your boss has a photographic memory or just pushed down 4 times - you could probably pull the cruise control (i.e. reconnect the gas pedal - take the connector off from the dash )to disable the theft protection - but you are still left with a not so functional cruise.Cheers,Cameron
If you notice the date on Steven's post, that's the cruise control for the 450 smart...😊

1 - 3 of 3 Posts