Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that readers don't see the title of this post and think...Oh boy! "They have webcams so I can see my car being made."
I am just posting to say that I would think it would be a good idea if they had webcams placed in certain locations (but still protect their manufacturing secrets) so you can see the new smarts coming off of the assembly line. I don't know of any car manufacture that currently does this (I'm sure because of secrets and liability) but wouldn't it be neat if you could watch your smart being made.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Why not European delivery so you can watch it live, tour Europe, then have it shipped on the QE2 with you on a leisurely cruise back home. Maybe Mr. Cash can talk them into giving this to us as a throw in? :D:D

Better than floormats, eh? :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why not European delivery so you can watch it live, tour Europe, then have it shipped on the QE2 with you on a leisurely cruise back home. Maybe Mr. Cash can talk them into giving this to us as a throw in? :D:D

Sounds like a plan to me. Let's everybody pester them to do that.;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
All the cameras are already in place to monitor most of the production line. I suggested smart include with each car, a dvd of the car being made back around the end of last year, and some of the current responders really dumped on the idea. Really appreciated that. I still think it would be a good thing for them to do.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I did visit the factory in Hambach back in Jan. It was made clear to me on my tour that NO cameras were allowed, had to leave my cell phone at the gate. Turns out I might have seen my car being built, it was built in Jan.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I did visit the factory in Hambach back in Jan. It was made clear to me on my tour that NO cameras were allowed, had to leave my cell phone at the gate. Turns out I might have seen my car being built, it was built in Jan.
Geez, sounds like Willy Wonka. :p

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

The old girl is retired
karl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts