Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
Nope, the Kandi Coco still wins The Most Ugly Smart Clone to me! :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good luck getting it registered.

Maybe it's just the car for the guy who was recently asking about using a fortwo as a "gated community transport" for his spoiled kids.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Actually it might not be too bad provided what you use it for. My parents live in one of those "Sun City" retirement communities outside Phoenix, and darn near everybody uses their golf carts to run errands (Groceries, etc.) The carts ARE licensed using a motorcycle plate. I assume these could be licensed in the same way. Definitely not the same as our little Smarts, however.

By the way, not the first "Clone" I've seen either. Bombardier used to make a golf cart that also looked a little like a Smart (Except for no doors) Do a Google Image search for a Bombardier golf cart and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I found this paragraph rather funny...

Notes for potential buyers.
  • This car is leaps and bounds better than the previous model, however it is not the same as a gasoline powered, name branded vehicle. The fit and finish is still primitive, but functional. The electric drive train technology is advanced, and I continue to hope because they continue to improve. What more can we ask?!
  • No power steering. The steering is difficult until you start moving the car. May be difficult for elderly.
  • Knocks and dings. The suspension is a lot like driving in a tractor and much more fun!
  • For all intents and purposes this is a fully enclosed golf cart, and a lot more attractive.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Seen it before. from what another source told me, it is made entirely of plastic parts, as in the body no steel frame. That spells crack-up on impact in my book. BTW makes an AMC Pacer look like a show queen by comparison.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
we should do a competition on who finds the ugliest clone ever made. anybody up to it? so i can put up a new topic?

not even people in china pick up their "soccer kids" with that thing

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
Good luck getting it registered.

Maybe it's just the car for the guy who was recently asking about using a fortwo as a "gated community transport" for his spoiled kids.:)
OWNAGE!!!!
That subject is going to linger in this forum for possibly decades!

we should do a competition on who finds the ugliest clone ever made. anybody up to it? so i can put up a new topic?

not even people in china pick up their "soccer kids" with that thing
Ok, I compared both this and the Coco, this thing wins the ugly vote 10x!!

Start that thread, it's time to start flaming the failed clones!

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
OWNAGE!!!!
That subject is going to linger in this forum for possibly decades!

Ok, I compared both this and the Coco, this thing wins the ugly vote 10x!!

Start that thread, it's time to start flaming the failed clones!
You know, out of my list of things to do when I got my smart, going by that Honda Dealership and the Hummer dealership are two things I havent done yet. Anyone have a link to that thread? Was it Rute Hiely Honda?

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
You know, out of my list of things to do when I got my smart, going by that Honda Dealership and the Hummer dealership are two things I havent done yet. Anyone have a link to that thread? Was it Rute Hiely Honda?
Hmmm...what would you do at those dealerships...:)

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Hmmm...what would you do at those dealerships...:)
At Hummer, drive around to people checking out the Hummers, roll down the window, tell them the gas mileage, the fact I can fit more furniture in the smart, and the crash rating, then laugh and tell them how much I paid as I drive to the next set of people!

At that Honda dealership, act interested in the Kandy CoCo, but all the while tare down the salesman's feeble attempts to sell it to me, then politely tell him the guy in the video is full of it, hand him a flier from the smart, and tell him if he wants the "real deal" to give the local smart dealer a call.

:D

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
At Hummer, drive around to people checking out the Hummers, roll down the window, tell them the gas mileage, the fact I can fit more furniture in the smart, and the crash rating, then laugh and tell them how much I paid as I drive to the next set of people!

At that Honda dealership, act interested in the Kandy CoCo, but all the while tare down the salesman's feeble attempts to sell it to me, then politely tell him the guy in the video is full of it, hand him a flier from the smart, and tell him if he wants the "real deal" to give the local smart dealer a call.

:D
That sounds like fun :rofl:

Here's that thread you're looking for http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f7/kandi-coco-15159/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts