Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone want to come up to the Northland for a fall leaf tour? I have a few routes that are spectacular both in MN and in Wisconsin. If we plan it for early October I can offer Apple Pies, Carmel Apples, Apple Corn Dogs, Apple Funnel Cakes, oh and fresh picked Apples. (Bayfield's Applefest)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Does anyone want to come up to the Northland for a fall leaf tour? I have a few routes that are spectacular both in MN and in Wisconsin. If we plan it for early October I can offer Apple Pies, Carmel Apples, Apple Corn Dogs, Apple Funnel Cakes, oh and fresh picked Apples. (Bayfield's Applefest)
We talked about making a Duluth trip this fall so we might be interested. All those food items sounds really good.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its a bit of a drive from the Twin Cities. If your interested I can start setting up a route and the plans.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fall is a wonderful time for a drive and even though it is a bit of a drive from the cities I would suggest setting it up with the understanding that if there is not enough interest it will be cancelled. Ask folks to reply with and email address so you can do a cancellation notice without a lot of effort.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fall Drive to Bayfield, WI

I am looking at interested to see who would like to go on a fall drive along the South Shore of Lake Superior. Our drive would take us along a route near the Aposltle Islands including one of the largest events in Northern Wisconsin; the Bayfield Apple Festival.

Here is our Route leaving from the Steam Plant (Look for a giant smoke Stack right off the freeway) in canal park from downtown Duluth. (Its also by the NBC studios)

Lake Pl Dr/Railroad St to Bayfield, WI - Google Maps

I was planning on leaving at 10am from this location then getting in Bayfield around noon. We would have several hours to enjoy food (Apple Corndogs, Apple Pies, Carmel Apples, Bags of Apples, and several other vendors.) There are also local artists displaying and selling their products, and we can even walk around the unique town on a beautiful fall day.

After we leave we would take north route out of town to see more of Lake Superior and also stop along the way for pictures. Its a very scenic drive in itself and with the colors in early October its stunning to see.

This event would be on October 8th, 2011.

To see more about the 50th Apple Festival visit:
Bayfield Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Bureau - Bayfield Apple Festival In Bayfield, WI and the Apostle Islands

Right now I am interested to see who is interested and we can decide if we are a GO the weekend before.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Almost the same distance as driving from here to the dealership....

No doubt the colors would be fantastic!!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like we have 3 cars right now. Or 4 if Joe has 2 cars coming up.

Jim are you coming? Lets shoot for 10 smarts!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts