Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, ORIDWA smarties- it's time to get serious about our next event. :toot

Dunerunner and others have put out some great ideas. http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f45/scenic-drive-pacific-northwest-9381/

We all had a blast at the Prosser meet!
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f45/pnw-scoa-chapter-rally-pics-thread-13915/

Let's come up with some ideas for an autumn gathering.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but..

A smartie costume party - dress up your smart and show off a bit.

A Yamhill County winery tour (November is the best time)

An urban gathering in the city (Portland?)

A meet and greet and panel swap :D

Drive up/down the coast :smartje.grs.zw::smartje.wt.zw::smartje.zw.zw::RS-c.bl.zw::smartje.rd.zw:

Drive up Mt Hood or Mt St Helen's or...? :think:

Let's think about dates and ideas. The last two smart events I attended were fantastic and I think another in this beautiful fall weather is a great idea. :wink: Let's all get away from the wall street turmoil, the election season brew-ha-ha and our everyday routines and just drive!

:burnout:

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Been doing alot of travel so if it's around 300 mi round trip for me, I'm in!! What is cooking at smart center Portland? Weren't they supposed to be kicking around some ideas for Fall? It would be nice to see a dealer organized meet!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
fall meet

Any chance they would let us see how many Smarties would fit in the Spruce Goose? I'm up for a trip (even without cruise control). Anything after mid October would work for me. Maybe I will figure out an avatar by then. Anybody sell 15" hubcaps down that way? I am sure ther are some I don't have. Heh! Heh! Heh!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
I'll probably not meet anyone coming over from the coast unless Susie1382 is going and wants to caravan. Still don't know a date, Hedders said after the third, I think; week of October for him.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would be interested but would need to know a date in advance so I could plan for it. The Prosser's event looked like a lot of fun and I missed out on most of it. I want to plan ahead for this one.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hi Guys! McMinnville, OR could be fun! Terri and I have 'kinda always wanted to stay at the McMenamins there! The ones that we've already visited always have really good food and some pretty nice microbrews!! :D Like micromachine, I would like to know a date as far out as possible to plan trading shifts at work or whatever! I'm ALSO off for Thanksgiving..........if someone wants to host a smartie Thanksgiving somewhere!! :p

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
We're looking at the last weekend in October? Think it might be wet? There we are with that chapter name again SOPNWet!! Looks like you need to pick a date Suze!!

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Great Idea!

I like the Air museum idea (never been) - McMinnville is a pretty little town. I like the scenic drive :smartje.rd.zw:and the option of wineries, antique-ing and outlet shopping.

Dunerunner
- You're a fun-maker :spots: !

I especially like that this is a day trip for some of folks (me :D) and we can be pretty casual. (Which is great, because a lot of detail planning would wear me out!)

Those wanting to make a weekend of it will find plenty to do.

Let's say we start at the museum for meet and greet and go from there.

BigCritter - do you think that Mc Menamins Pub would have space for a group lunch? :cheers:

I can't guess at the weather for the end of October - but if you've lived in the Northwest any length of time, you know it doesn't matter.

So here we go - the dates

:confused: Please weigh in on which Saturday date(s) you will be able to attend.:confused:

October 18th
October 25th
November 1st

I'm open for any!

PS - Trapper John - Welcome!!! :wave: Tell us about your smart!

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw - Did you guys see the Oregonian today? There's wonderful pull-out section spotlighting Yamhill County! YaY! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Somebody must have Mondays off!! I like the 25th-26th the best, but any of the 3 will work. Everyday is Saturday for me. I am pretty certain that our liddle cars won't shrink. The excitement is building.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Somebody must have Mondays off!! I like the 25th-26th the best, but any of the 3 will work. Everyday is Saturday for me. I am pretty certain that our liddle cars won't shrink. The excitement is building.
:eek: Sorry, Fred - My calendar was all crazy. (Laptop needs a new battery!)

OK, I've corrected my dates.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Suze,

The 25th is the only Saturday that would work for Missy and me.

We're at a costume party the night before. Just don't make the start time early:eek:. Can't wait!

Here's a link to the Spruce Goose website with movies at IMAX and prices>

Evergreen IMAX Movie Schedule

:bigthumbup::toot :spots:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I no can do on the weekend of the 18th, but mark me down for either of the other two!

The weekend weather was great for driving, so I did a one-smarty drive to Portland and back. The mountain was out, the sun was hot and all was good in the PNW. The cabrio was :D

Cheers,
Timo

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I go back to work today. The vacation is over! :( Either of those dates listed would work as well for me as the other, since I have Saturday off anyway. I'd probably want to switch with someone at work to have Sunday as well! :)
SUZE: I'll check with McMenamin's on the lunch. I've never been to this particular one, but they're usually pretty large and can handle groups! Here is the website for the hotel/pub/restaurant, etc. http://www.hoteloregon.com/index.php?loc=7
Once we've got a firm date in mind, I'll give them a call and set up a lunch meet there.
Is everyone planning on this just being a Saturday thing, or will some be needing to stay over? For me, it's about a 2 1/2 hr. drive to get there, so I'll probably want to stay over either Friday or Saturday night! :) The rooms at the hotel are pretty reasonable, and it's a pretty cool experience to stay someplace that's THAT old, and the rooms are still original! :cool: We stayed at the one in Chehalis, WA for our anniversary this year, and had a really nice time! :) So since I don't have anything planned for any of those dates, I'm open to whatever date that it needs to be!! :)

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey all!

It looks like the 25th is the most popular response - so far.

Let's wait a day or so and see if we get some more interest.

Suze

PS - Timo - you were in my town over the weekend??? :p

1 - 20 of 215 Posts