Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have had my Yellow Cab in 4 times for random alarm going off in the middle of the night, it seems to be temperature related, happens at about 35 degrees. Smart won't allow dealer to swap any parts because they can't identifiy the cause. If Smart continues to treat their customers the way they are treating me, I suspect they will go the way of the Yugo!!!!!!!!

I have a little over 800 miles on a car that I got late November and the dealer has had it most of the time with 600 miles of it just going back and forth to dealer

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand, but sometimes comon sense prevails and you try something, if you look at the service manual, logic can be applied as to what might be failing, the diagrams are very clear on the flow and modules that can fail. If you look at the service manual it appears that error codes are not logged in the Sam unit for the alarm system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand, however from what I understand the Alarm system does not post errors to the Sam unit, so everything is a guess and the service manual out lines a flow of how the system works, so somtimes swapping parts is the only way. As the quanity of cars increase, it seems that there is a lot of bad vibes, perhaps Smart is not spending enough time with their training of how to diaganose and repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts