Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you have recommendations / leads for any smart dealers providing "deals" in the ny area?

I just stopped by Rallye smart earlier this afternoon, test drove a passion and currently waiting to hear from daimler bank for a better rate.

didn't really negotiate YET, but would appreciate any input from other dealers or specific sales persons that could put me in a better position than msrp on an 09 or 10 passion.

thanks all,

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Very doubtful that you will be able to negotiate the price on a new car. If there is a used car you may do alright with negotiating. For the most part any car that has stayed on the lot for any period of time has add ons that most do not want. Not sure where you are, but from nyc you could take 95N to exit 25 in Fairfield CT. Dealer is at the bottom of the ramp. Good luck. Let the fun begin

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Didn't they extend the deals on 2009 models that were just for August, thru September as well? I got my 2009 Passion Cabriolet for $3,000 off list, and people did the same thing after the beginning of September - there was an official extension of that nationwide 'deal' I thought, thru the end of September.

Oh - the deals I think were just on certain models, like the Cabriolet and Brabus, I want to say...it's now been 7 weeks so I don't remember any more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help guys. padi is right. no such thing as negotiating .. at least on the 2010's.

toolman, correct 3000 incentive on cabs and 1000 on coupes.

i wouldve picked up an 09 but my dealer couldnt allocate any.

i took delivery of a 2010 black on black passion from ralleye last night.

I love this car.

I hope to see some of you guys on the road!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Oooooo, black on black, cool and classey! Congratulations!! Please, I hate to bring up a negative, but please don't get discouraged if you find the transmission odd to begin with. It is indeed quirky, BUT you can absolutely get used to it, two different ways - by learning how to help the auto function do the job smoothly by lifting slightly on the gas at the right moment, and/or by using the paddles or floor shifter manually all the time. I'm sure there are multiple threads about the subject, but the one I started (when I first got my smart) with lots of helpful tips in the responses can be found here:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f25/smooth-but-rapid-start-green-light-33092/

Personally, I WANTED my next car to be a manual, so I'm using the paddles exclusively, and my smart drives as smoothly as any manual transmission car these days - once I got used to it. If I try harder, I can make the shifts just about transparent to a passenger. It's very easy to drive smoothly if you're not a green-light-means-GO! kind of driver. It's a bit more challenging if you have fun racing from 0-to-speed-limit, like I do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for that . i hear you, definitely a learning curve but fun

Oooooo, black on black, cool and classey! Congratulations!! Please, I hate to bring up a negative, but please don't get discouraged if you find the transmission odd to begin with. It is indeed quirky, BUT you can absolutely get used to it, two different ways - by learning how to help the auto function do the job smoothly by lifting slightly on the gas at the right moment, and/or by using the paddles or floor shifter manually all the time. I'm sure there are multiple threads about the subject, but the one I started (when I first got my smart) with lots of helpful tips in the responses can be found here:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f25/smooth-but-rapid-start-green-light-33092/

Personally, I WANTED my next car to be a manual, so I'm using the paddles exclusively, and my smart drives as smoothly as any manual transmission car these days - once I got used to it. If I try harder, I can make the shifts just about transparent to a passenger. It's very easy to drive smoothly if you're not a green-light-means-GO! kind of driver. It's a bit more challenging if you have fun racing from 0-to-speed-limit, like I do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When i 'am ready in June i am going to Smart in Englewood NJ and going to see Mike he is so far the most honest of them all.
I was going to Ray Cantina but i did;nt like the way i was treated.
( i had 3 car leases from them ,But no more) Mike said he will beat anybody price by $1000.00 that sound good to me.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Mike Hill and smart centre Englewood are really excellent. If you're in the tri-state area, this is the dealer you should be going to, plain and simple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts