Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Counting myself we have sixteen Smarts, and twenty-seven participants registered so far.
Magic numbers are twenty-eight Smarts, and forty-eight participants, if we don’t have the numbers by April 30th, I’ll have to change a few things, probably get rid of the tote bag, discount book and trolley pass. If we can get more I’m thinking of working on a discount pass for breakfast buffet. Right now it’s eleven dollars, it’s worth it, I eat there twice sometimes three times a week. The more participants we have the cheaper I can get things, so get your registration fee in and I’ll guarantee you’ll have a good time
:)

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast. Most people wait until about a month or so before an event to register, which makes it tough to plan things. you just have to go with a leap of faith!

Try talking with the Visitors Bureau or Chamber of Commerce, or Downtown Mainstreet (if they have one) and see if they can assist with the tote bag or discount books. They may be able to help with some of the special pricing too. Maybe try teaming up with the festival to add to some of their events too (??)

We had a lot of donations from local groups to help out with the event we had here, prizes and cash donations, etc from local businesses.. It was a pain to set it all up ,but worth it in the end.

·
Super Moderator
28,302 Posts
Too true, but the April 30th deadline is more than a month out and delayed registration leaves Tom hanging and also cuts into the "goodies" he's able to negotiate. If people want to get less for their money delaying registration is a good way to do it. :shrug:

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
We are planning to come. I can't ask for the vacation time yet, not until 3 months before I want it. We'll try to get registered soon. I know how hard it is to plan if you don't know how many to plan for.

Thanks for all your hard work Tom.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn’t mean to get anybody’s pants in a twist but here the is bottom line; we have about eight weeks to get the check in the mail so I have it by the 30th of April. Come May first I’m placing the orders and signing the contract with the hotel. Whatever numbers I have to work with that’s it. Here’s another incentive, since I live here, and have seen most everything multiple times, I’ll be home in the afternoons with a power wash ready for those who would like to wash the dust of there Smarts, and have a beer.
:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts