Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Hi guys! I recently purchased a 2009 smart car with factory navigation and it is terribly outdated. What are my options? Thanks so much!!
Need map updates/new maps? Hehehe....

www.bosch-activation.com

You need the last 7 digits of the "Serial Number" on the Product Information page to check. :bigthumbup:
This site shows the available update map wise. It should be available in SD format which a dealer can download. I don't know the size because the dealer never called me back. I haven't followed up because mine is one update old and I'm on a budget nowadays...

·
Registered
20 Posts
2014 multimedia nav system

Just bought a new 2014 multimedia nav system for my 2009 brabus. Probem is, it won't turn off when the car turns off. Is it missing a connection in the install?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Just bought a new 2014 multimedia nav system for my 2009 brabus. Probem is, it won't turn off when the car turns off. Is it missing a connection in the install?
Usually there are two connections, one that is always on, and one that turns on with the ignition switch. Sounds like the installer made a mistake...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If it came with pig-tail wires on the unit harness then it was connected incorrectly. If it came with a plug-and-play adapter harness to connect the unit to the vehicle harness it may be wired for a 2011 or later car. The wiring connections in the vehicle harness in the earlier cars, like 2009, are different.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts