Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Smart electric ForTwo lease is over in July and I need to make an informed decision on whether to buy it or not. I have 8500 miles on it and it has been no problem. The local Smart dealership in Medford no longer sells them. Will they still service them? Otherwise the nearest full service dealership is 400 miles away in Portland. The car is worth less than what I have to pay off. I don't like the idea of getting a new lease and turning this car I have driven for 3 years back to be re-sold or re-leased. Does anyone have any ideas from their own experience buying out a Smart lease?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
MB DNA returned one, found it at an auction, and saved money buying it back that way. I believe Yinzer got an offer to purchase it when returning one to the dealer for much less than the purchase option...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard about turning it in and then buying it. I will ask the dealership in Portland. Hope I don't have to ship it up there and can do it all via paperwork.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
One thing I noticed Yinzer returned to a Mercedes dealer that no longer sold smart cars. So maybe you could return it at the Medford location. (Hoping my recollection is correct)....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts