Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking to a Feldmann's employee, who told me that they will be taking back the smart dealership from Luther. Apparently that's the word in their office, and wasn't marked confidential; so it was OK to me to post when I asked.

The sales and service will be from the Mercedes dealership, and not in the old smart center. Apparently, aside from being very expensive to maintain, part of the roof collapsed.

I don't know when it'll happen; hopefully they still have the service records.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone know if other MB dealers will also handle smarts? I am wondering in particular about Maplewood Imports?

·
5,297 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Likewise!

Does anyone know if other MB dealers will also handle smarts? I am wondering in particular about Maplewood Imports?
I'm wondering about MB Memphis.
I emailed and got an automatic response saying they would get back to me once they gathered research information for a response. I guess they are still gathering.

·
Super Moderator
11,219 Posts
And the people!! Hope Jason makes it to the Dells ( I know he is listening..) Joe has stopped by my store a few times when he is in the area.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I just went to smart center Nashville, attached to Bannen Chevrolet. Their last day of Business is this Friday. They are referring all warranty work to Knoxville, TN. My dealer is attached to a Benz dealer in Jackson, so the distance will be the same {218 miles each way} for warranty work, unless the MB dealer in Memphis takes on smart.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sold our "other" Smart just before the latest dealer lost there sales and got a very good trade offer from Richfield, Bloomington Honda, a real class act dealer, on there CR-Z which is a better car and higher mileage. As for Feldmann's, never more!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yesterday when I was on an on-line chat with Feldmann's the "chatter" said, "Wait a sec," when I asked if they would service smarts in July. He came back a few minutes later and chatted that "at this time they had no such agreement."

·
Super Moderator
11,219 Posts
No official word as to who the new dealer in Minnesota will be. we were told at the Dells event that it would be "a matter of weeks, not months" to hear who it will be.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I contacted Feldmann's this week to inquire how much it would cost to do the 10,000 mile service work to my smart. They e-mailed back saying that they will perform no service work on a smart and that I should contact Lupient's.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts