Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
Sounds like you may need some catching up on the smart saga here in Minnesota. Penske doesn't own the smart brand in the US anymore so smartUSA is no longer. Mercedes has taen over and it i now smartMBUSA. e were told in June that a dealer is wees away, no 6 months later, still no dealer, and rumors of a local repair shop run by MB has been mentioned, also has not happened. Closest dealer is in Madison and great to work with, but still quite a drive.

Glad you got your car going, and good to know a local place where we can get work done.

Had my Blizzacks for last winter on Steel (pure) rims, you will love them when the snow starts to pile up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How about "un-warranty"? Having a dealer over 300 mi(Omaha) away is the same as no-dealer. SmartUsa, or whatever they call themselves, only care about one thing......selling more cars, after sale service is meaningless. When I tell prospective buyers about my "Smart experience" they quickly lose interest, & rightfully so. I will continue to tell all, that are the least bit interested, to avoid the Smart brand like the plague. Even if they have a dealer nearby that could change in a heartbeat, & they would be stuck with a useless warranty on their new car. If the dealer in Omaha bailed, where would they go for service or warranty? Love the car but wish I had never bought it.:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Smartcar abandoned Minnesota

Smartcar really betrayed everyone who bought a car from them. Even if it wasn't financially viable to have a dealership here, they should have done the right thing and made sure that someone was set up to do quality warranty work. They've de-valued their brand here, jettisoned their loyal customers, and never bothered to tell us what they were doing. How a company handles a bad situation is truly a measure of their business. They didn't handle this very well... That extended warranty they sold me? Gee thanks a lot Smartcar... The time you had my car for a month trying to fix an airbag light? Could it be you made a crappy car?

61 - 63 of 63 Posts